12 Jan 2023 – DevOps Custom Work Item Types and Budget Key Result/KPI
Microsoft Azure DevOps – Custom Work Item Types
We now support custom work item types from DevOps to be added as Actions or linked to any object as a Progress Link in VisPlan.
Configure DevOps integration
To set up the connection to your DevOps server
- Click on Menu in the upper left corner, select Microsoft DevOps – Run Configuration Wizard. Enter your Microsoft DevOps server URL.
- Select work item types from your DevOps Processes to include in the integration.
Add DevOps Action
To add an Action based on a DevOps work item, in the sidebar for an Ambition
- Click the drop down arrow, select Add Microsoft DevOps Action….
- Select Project and search for the work item in DevOps you want to add.
- Select item and then click Create. The icon for the work item type will be added too.
Budget Key Result/KPI
There is a new Key Result/KPI type called Budget. Specify your Budget Targets as totals for the whole or each period (e.g. 100). When reporting Actual values for the KR/KPI, enter the accumulated spent value (e.g. 10). If the actual value is below the target value (100), it is treated as under budget and shown as a Green indicator (e.g. 90). If the actual value (e.g. 110) is above the target (100), it’s shown as a red indicator. Budget KPIs are optionally shown in the plan as a Green or Red $ indicator.
The Progress Bar for Budget is not split by Focus and will state Remaining budget on the bar itself.